Business Development Executive
Pearlfinders is a totally unique, fast-growing and close knit community of business development and research professionals, based in central London. Our product is a subscription-based research and insights platform used by some of the best in the business. Our client list is unique, and includes some of the world’s top IT and HR businesses such as VMware, DropBox, Virgin Media and Oracle.
As the company continues its growth, opportunities for development are unlimited, and Pearlfinders has grown to where it is today by being a meritocracy.
You’ll be joining the Business Services - New Business team and will be provided with training from the start; you will work closely with the Head of Business Services Sales to ensure that you are building a strong pipeline and prospecting the most relevant clients at all times.
Joining our close-knit sales team, you’ll be expected to get hands-on from the start and develop your own profile among IT vendors and suppliers.
Motivated and engaged, you’ll have a smart and consultative approach to sales. Articulate and confident, you’ll be expected to build relationships with prospects by understanding their challenges and offering solutions both remotely and face to face. As a quick learner, you’ll be comfortable working autonomously and identifying new opportunities for further growth.
We will, of course, provide full training to enable you to succeed in the role.
THE DAY TO DAY :
- Proactively finding new opportunities to enter into your target market
- Generating leads, and building and managing your sales pipeline
- Keeping up to date with trade press sources to help identify new opportunities Conducting screen-share and face-to-face demonstrations of Pearlfinders
- Building and maintaining relationships with prospective clients
- Managing the sales process end-to-end - from pitching to demoes to closing
- Responding to inbound enquiries
- Writing targeted emails to generate interest in the product
- Negotiating with prospects, and ultimately securing the business
- Keeping Salesforce up to date
• Degree-level education; numerate with strong written skills
• Commercially minded with an analytical, solutions-driven approach
• Motivated, driven and a relentless relationship builder
• Smart, inquisitive and willing to get stuck in
• Personable with excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of the IT and Technology space would be advantageous
• Experience of selling a subscription service would be a plus
We’re based on Borough High Street and the office is social, open-plan and there’s always something happening. This year we’ve had plenty of Friday beers in Borough Market, seen live music together in Hyde Park, held a private movie screening at the BFI, both our Pearlfinders football and netball teams had a strong debut season in the Go Mammoth leagues.
If you are ready to start your career in sales, please send your CV and covering letter detailing why you believe you’re the right fit to come and join us to firstname.lastname@example.org